We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The harvesting season for the winter is coming to an end. What appetizers you have not prepared with red tomatoes! But you still have baskets of green tomatoes that still have to ripen for a long time. You don't have to wait for this moment, but cook delicious lecho from tomatoes.
Of course, it sounds unusual, because, as a rule, red fruits are used for this snack. We invite you to experiment and make several jars of green tomato lecho. It is safe to say that the home will appreciate your efforts, because according to the recipe, lecho turns out to be fragrant and tasty, it goes well with meat, fish dishes, poultry. We will talk about the rules and features of cooking in the article.
Green tomato lecho - delicious recipes
There are a lot of lecho recipes for the winter, where green tomatoes are used. It is impossible to tell about all in one article. We will present to your attention a small fraction of the most interesting options.
Advice! To make the lecho delight with its taste, we choose vegetables without signs of rot.
Lecho with carrots and onions
To prepare snacks from green tomatoes for the winter, you need the following products:
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- red sweet bell pepper - 1 kg;
- carrots - 1 kg 500 g;
- spicy tomato paste - 1000 ml;
- turnip onions - 1 kg;
- unrefined vegetable oil - 500 ml;
- salt to taste.
Attention! Vinegar is not specified in the recipe, it is replaced by a large amount of spicy tomato paste.
- As always, we start work with the preparation of products. We wash the vegetables thoroughly, since even the slightest contamination that is not washed off the surface will make the harvesting unusable for the winter. In tomatoes, cut out the place where the stalk is attached. Remove the tail, partitions and seeds from peppers. We peel carrots and onions. We cut the tomatoes and peppers into slices, as required by the recipe, to chop the carrots, use a grater with large cells. Cut the onion into small cubes or half rings.
- Put a large frying pan with high sides on the stove and add oil.
- When it gets hot, first put the carrots and onions and lightly darken them. When a pleasant onion aroma appears, and the onion becomes transparent (after about 10 minutes), add the rest of the vegetables and tomato paste.
- Simmer over low heat with constant stirring for at least an hour and a half. During the cooking process, the green tomatoes will turn yellowish. Since we use green tomatoes, we need to take high-quality tomato paste, for example, "Tomato" or "Kubanochka", since they do not contain starch.
- Then add salt and boil for another 10 minutes. Immediately hot spread the green tomato lecho into sterile jars. We cook them while the appetizer is cooking. Roll up steamed lids, turn over and put in heat (under a fur coat) until completely cooled.
Lecho is stored in a cellar or refrigerator.
Lecho with vinegar
- green tomatoes - 800 g;
- carrots - 400 g;
- turnip onions - 300 g;
- sweet pepper - 300 g;
- vegetable oil - 130 ml;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 teaspoon;
- not iodized salt - 0.5 tablespoon;
- ground black pepper - 0.5 teaspoon;
- spicy tomato sauce - 250 ml;
- table vinegar 9% - 35 ml.
How to cook
- Cut the washed and peeled tomatoes into slices, onions into half rings. We take out the seeds and partitions from the peppers, cut them lengthwise into 8 parts. Grate the carrots with large holes.
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan with butter, add the tomato sauce and cook for 1.5 hours with stirring so that the contents of the pan do not burn. Cook over medium heat, covered.
- Then we sugar and salt lecho. Let's taste and add ground pepper. After another 10 minutes, pour in the vinegar, mix and remove the vessel from the heat. While hot, put in jars, turn them over and wrap them in a towel.
Attention! Lecho made from green tomatoes is perfectly stored for the winter, even in the kitchen cabinet on the lower shelf.
Green bell peppers lecho with tomatoes
To prepare lecho, you can use not only green tomatoes, but also green bell peppers. It turns out a fragrant snack, which will attract all your household members to the kitchen during the cooking process. Therefore, you will have to immediately put some of the lecho on a plate for testing.
So, what do you have to stock up on in advance (the amount of products is indicated in a purified form):
- two kilograms of peppers;
- a kilogram of red tomatoes;
- 100 grams of carrots;
- four medium heads of onions;
- red chili;
- 60 ml of refined vegetable oil;
- 45 grams of granulated sugar;
- vinegar essence - a third of a teaspoon.
Attention! The salt is not specified in the recipe, add it to your liking.
Cooking according to the recipe
If the green tomato lecho is cooked for more than an hour and a half, then the pepper and tomato appetizer takes only 45 minutes. Since the heat treatment is minimal, many useful substances are retained in the finished dish.
So, let's get down to cooking:
- We wash and peel the vegetables. First, we turn the tomatoes in a meat grinder. Pour the puree into a cooking bowl. Put the sweet peppers and chili peppers, cut into strips, in the same place.
- Mix gently and set to cook. When the mass boils, remove the foam and pour in the vegetable oil.
- After 10 minutes add the grated carrots and onion, cut into half rings, and mix. Immediately add salt and sugar and simmer under the lid for another 25 minutes.
- After that, pour in the vinegar essence, boil for 5 minutes, and put it in hot sterile jars. Cool it upside down under a fur coat.
Everything, green bell pepper lecho with tomatoes can be put into the basement for storage. Although, as a rule, it is he who is taken out in the first place.
Another recipe is lecho in a slow cooker:
Green vegetable lecho for the winter is an excellent appetizer that can be served with any meat or fish dishes, or used as a sauce for potatoes, pasta or rice.
If you add dried herbs to the snack, then the lecho made from green tomatoes or peppers will not only become more aromatic, but also healthier. By the way, lecho can be stored for two years, so do not forget to label the jars. Although they are unlikely to stay in the basement for so long, because such a snack is "destroyed" instantly.