We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Negniychnikov family includes more than 50 species of mushrooms, most of which are suitable for consumption, but there are representatives that cause poisoning. Colibia water-loving is a conditionally edible saprophyte, characterized by a sweetish taste and lack of smell. Appears in May, stops growing with the onset of frost.
What does colibia water-loving look like?
Colibia water-loving is the only representative of the species in which it is difficult to determine the clear color of the fruit body. In the dry season, the shade is light beige with an ocher color in the middle. Can be solid cream. If the season is rainy or the place is constantly humid, the water-loving hymnopus has a light or dark brown color.
Description of the hat
Colibia water-loving is a small mushroom, the diameter of the cap of which rarely exceeds 5 cm.
- in young specimens, the shape of the cap is rounded, sloping; as the mushroom matures, it becomes more open (to prostrate);
- the edges are lowered, uneven, transparent, the plates are visually defined;
- the surface is slightly bumpy, hygrophane, transparent, not slippery, but not dry either;
- the color is never uniform, the central part may be darker or lighter than the extreme;
- plates of two types: short, reaching the middle; long, rarely protruding beyond the borders of the cap;
- the plates are beige or with a yellow tinge, are sparsely located, firmly attached to the fruiting body;
- spores are white or creamy;
- the pulp is fragile, slightly sweet, beige or white, odorless.
The leg of the hymnopus is water-loving in length reaching 4-8 cm, in width about 1.5 cm. The color above is light, below it is darker in tone. The shade does not differ from the color of the cap.
The leg is hollow, formed in the form of a cylinder, narrow near the cap and expanding towards the base.
Important! At the bottom, the leg is rounded, presented in the form of a drop with burgundy or dark pink mycelium filaments. By this feature, it is easy to distinguish water-loving colibia from poisonous twins.
The structure of the stem is rigid, fibrous, lined.
Is the mushroom edible or not
The nutritional value of the water-loving colibia is low, it is referred to the conditionally edible group. Half-baked collibia can cause intestinal upset and nausea. Intoxication is short-term and insignificant. There is no significant harm from the collision.
Where and how it grows
Collibia is found from the European part to the South. The main accumulation is observed in the Central and North-Western regions, in the Urals and Eastern Siberia, in the Moscow region. Grows in coniferous, mixed forests on a mossy or rotten leaf cushion, on the remains of trees: branches, bark, stumps. Occurs in open marshy areas and along the banks of small bodies of water. Forms extensive colonies. The main requirement for growth is a humid environment.
Doubles and their differences
Outwardly, the water-loving hymnopus is similar to the wood-loving colibia (Gymnopus dryophilus).
Without detailed consideration, the fruiting bodies are exactly the same. The twin is never dark brown. The leg splits into ribbons at the cut site. The surface of the cap is dry. There is no extension at the base of the leg, it is of the same width along its entire length. The nutritional value of the species is the same.
The sulfur-yellow falsefoam belongs to a different family, but outwardly the mushrooms are very similar. The twin is toxic, can cause severe poisoning and serious consequences.
The pseudofoam cap is slippery, sloping, never fully opened, it can only slightly expand. The color is dark or light yellow center with a pink tint. The main difference between a double and a hymnopus:
- a leg with a scaly ornament;
- the color is gray-green or light brown;
- the volume is the same along the entire length without expansion downward;
- at the base on the surface there is no mycelium with bright filaments of mycelium;
- spore-bearing plates are covered with a film; after rupture, it forms a ring with torn edges;
- the taste of the double is bitter with a pungent, repulsive odor.
Colibia water-loving is one of the earliest species of fungi that appear in May. It grows only in a humid environment, forms colonies. Low nutritional value, may cause mild poisoning.